Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loud cracking and rumbling
(26-Apr-2015, 09:13)ogs Wrote: I have noticed that with SAM enabled I hear the cracking and rumbling if I move the volume of my 250 in the + range. It is quite easy to hear when no music is playing.
I never play music this loud and I only hear it when I move the volume control, not when it sits in a given position.

I wonder if other users hear the same. This is clearly a bug, but as I have not seen others reporting it until now I assumed it was my 250 misbehaving. If many have the same problem we should report it to Devialet.

I have just tried this on my D800.  In the +dB range, nothing playing, SAM enabled, the system appears more or less silent.  But much as oggs says, there is a kind of bassy blip noise, not too loud, coinciding with each 0.5dB change made when in the +dB range.  In the -dB range with SAM enabled, silence.  With SAM disabled, silence even running up through the +dB range.  Not something I would worry about too much because this sound does not occur when not adjusting the volume, and I don't ever use the amps in the +dB range anyway.  It would be interesting to know the reasons for this though.

Messages In This Thread
loud cracking and rumbling - by completeluxury - 25-Apr-2015, 00:02
RE: loud cracking and rumbling - by Damon - 25-Apr-2015, 02:43
RE: loud cracking and rumbling - by krass - 25-Apr-2015, 07:56
RE: loud cracking and rumbling - by Damon - 26-Apr-2015, 03:05
RE: loud cracking and rumbling - by ogs - 26-Apr-2015, 09:13
RE: loud cracking and rumbling - by Confused - 26-Apr-2015, 09:51