Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting technical info about the 400/800
(28-Jun-2014, 13:11)f1eng Wrote:
(28-Jun-2014, 12:41)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(28-Jun-2014, 12:19)f1eng Wrote: I hadn't heard of the "unique Magic Wire DAC" in the questionnaire about brand. It was the only thing on their list I was unaware of.
Perhaps another marketing faux pas like the video they brought out at Munich time which left anybody who knows about hifi shaking their head.

Maybe it -has- been implemented and that is why my update to an 800 has lost all its stereo depth compared to the D-Premier. Hopefully fixed in due course.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your upgraded devices. I noticed that you mentioned something about poorer quality connectors (compared to D-Premier) .. can you elaborate?

Guillaume

Well both my updated amps have SD card slot defects. The first to be updated (now the slave) only reads the card about 1 time in 4, which means when I switch on the slave isn't linked, it just has 250 on the display having started up in default mode. Removing and replacing the card it eventually reads (or has so far), as, it seems, does switching it on and off with the remote 3 or 4 times.
The second unit had the latch mechanism on the SD card fail after a handful of actuations. At least it reads OK but it is a faff to get out now.
The spec of the optical inputs has been downgraded and the connector doesn't seem as positive (this may just be sample variation though).

I have actually given up using them now in frustration and am awaiting Thierry's response regarding returning them for repair.

I've got exactly the same issue with one of my upgraded D1, there is for sure a problem related to the upgrade. I've send the defect one for repair, but it take a long time to repair, much longer than the upgrade of my two D1.
Cheers, Yaduvent
Furniture: USM Acoustic
Audio: Devialet 1000PRO - Mac Mini 2012, I7, Uptone DC conversion/Linear fan controle - Internal SSD - CD/BR LaCie BDXL (rip) - USB Regen - Uptone JS-2 Linear power supply - HD LaCie Thunderbolt
Power: Isotek Aquarius - Vovox power cable
Loudspeakers: Marten Django XL - Vovox Textura LS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting technical info about the 400/800 - by Yaduvent - 23-Sep-2014, 09:55