Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mains cables and filters do we need expensive ones?
Second that!

My best recommendation as said before on this forum is a dedicated mains (one or more) cable and spur. Most performance per invested money. Then look at mains cables and then the filter (if you experience 'dirt' on your mains).

Have look at Ansuz mains cables, the really work nice as the have a interesting theory about earthing the system which include their 'heart' the mains filter box. In basic they let the earth cable have the biggest AWG ie lowest impedance plus they configure live and zero phase in a canceling order phase as I just by luck had a home demo cable were the cover had come lose and I could see how the configured the conductors. These cables does not look super business but they perform. You will pay for the thinking behind these cables not so much the material, my 5 c's.
I will soon listen to their mains cables again and specially the filter box which really made a difference however best with their own mains cables, I guess their earthing theory is part of that.

'Nuff of this black magic, go and try!

Cheers/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
Mains cables and filters - by amabrok - 12-May-2015, 15:20
RE: Mains cables and filters do we need expensive ones? - by Mikeeo - 12-May-2015, 15:50