Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mains cables and filters do we need expensive ones?
(12-May-2015, 13:31)teddlesdee Wrote: Thought I would start a new thread on this controversial but interesting subject, as there a lot of differing opinion out there on how to connect CD transports and the Devs to the mains.

It would be a great help to me, and I suspect others new to this if you guys 'in the know' so-to-speak could share your opinions & experiences to get the best out of our kit! Those that have already posted on this subject might consider copying any posts into this thread to kick it off?

Any takers?

Smile

There is no technically sound mechanism by which a properly engineered piece of equipment, connected to a properly installed mains system could be influenced by the mains chord AFAIK.

Having written that, plenty of hifi enthusiasts are convinced that they make a difference.

My conclusion is either expectation bias, badly engineered equipment or something wrong with the mains is the cause of their opinion.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
Mains cables and filters - by amabrok - 12-May-2015, 15:20
RE: Mains cables and filters do we need expensive ones? - by f1eng - 12-May-2015, 19:13