Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mains cables and filters do we need expensive ones?
I have to admit to being a bit of a cynic when it comes to mains cables. If you consider the average uk home electrical supply first goes through a fuse then the meter followed by the distribution board/fusebox and then fed to the wall sockets by 2.5mm solid twin and earth, by using a 1 or 2 metre cable costing many times the amount spent on the internal wiring will suddenly improve the quality of the supply is for me unproven. I fell into the trap of installing a spur using 12mm quality cable and a good quality unswitched socket and Naim Powerlines. I did'nt hear any improvement and when I went from Naim to Devialet I swapped between the Naim Powerlines and the stock Devialet mains cable and again heard no discernable difference. Ok I am getting on a bit and my hearing isn't what it was but my son who is in the professional sound business said there was no improvement worth worrying about.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.

Messages In This Thread
Mains cables and filters - by amabrok - 12-May-2015, 15:20
RE: Mains cables and filters do we need expensive ones? - by wwm - 13-May-2015, 10:45