Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mains cables and filters do we need expensive ones?
(13-May-2015, 08:44)teddlesdee Wrote: ...which really highlights my (and I suspect many others) dilemma! There are sooooo many variables. Given you have chosen what is hopefully a well made and complimentary set of components for your system, it seems almost 'Black Art' to many of us as to what to do about mains.

It seems to me that decisions on this tend to fall into four main camps -

On the one hand some will just go for the very best they can afford based on forum or media reviews, and are likely not to really understand (or maybe care) if the choice is the optimum or the best for their particular combination and mains status.

Another set of people will exclusively follow the advice of their component suppliers opinion (or need to make more profit - (Cynical, I know!))

The the third set, will spend what seems to me, an inordinate amount of time trying lots of different variations before settling on a combination that sounds to them to be the pinnacle of what is on offer, but this requires a certain amount of dedication, and some understanding of the theory involved.

And lastly the forth, will just go with what is 'in-the-box'.

I suppose it all boils down to -'Whatever floats your Boat!'    Confused Big Grin
Hi,

If you do not experience any mains issues in form of background noise or other irregularities than you just may be fine. But, I also had 'nice' mains in my present home however a dedicated spur and mains cable (on the least 'busy' phase) just made things that better in form of blacker background, dynamics, resolution and even TV got a hike in contrast and colors including less noisy picture.

If your happy with the system don't change just because some of us had positive results doing this or that.

Once again, best investment for me was the dedicated spur and mains for the system.

Cheers/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
Mains cables and filters - by amabrok - 12-May-2015, 15:20
RE: Mains cables and filters do we need expensive ones? - by Mikeeo - 13-May-2015, 11:10