Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker Cables
Just thought I would report back on a change I made last night which surprised me....

As some will already know, my system comprises of D200, Triangle Deltas, Moon 260D Neo CD Transport, Qnap NAS over wifi/ethernet.

The mains cables are all standard, and the speakers connected originally with Audioquest CV-4.2 cables.

I did find the CD's somewhat harsh in the upper registers with mid being a tad recessive, but good bass, but I put this down to newness of all the components, and would get better over time. Streamed music was a little less harsh though....

Over the weekend I had to solve the problem of a doorway betwix the rt speaker and amp on a more permanent basis as I did not want my missus or the cat tripping over the Audioquests.

The Audioqests were way too short and the cots of buying longer ones (8 mtrs each) was out of my budget, so had a good look around t'internet and found the Van Damme Professional Blue Studio Grade (4mm) cables at around £100.
To be honest, I was not expecting much, as the intention was to save my pennies for something better later.

How wrong I was!
Last night I hooked everything up and started to play stuff from both sources... and was gob-smacked! The harshness had gone, mids delivering more prominently, Bass even better.... It had the grin-factor in buckets - Overall MUCH more musical, and ear fatigue gone!

I certainly did not expect this given the cost, and can only praise these cables very highly.

Anyone else tried these?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.

Messages In This Thread
Speaker Cables - by teddlesdee - 14-May-2015, 10:59
RE: Speaker Cables - by Damon - 14-May-2015, 16:48
RE: Speaker Cables - by DE GREEF - 09-Jun-2015, 05:30
RE: Speaker Cables - by teddlesdee - 09-Jun-2015, 12:51
RE: Speaker Cables - by G51 - 09-Jun-2015, 16:54
RE: Speaker Cables - by Mac User - 09-Jun-2015, 17:22
RE: Speaker Cables - by G51 - 09-Jun-2015, 18:01
RE: Speaker Cables - by Mac User - 09-Jun-2015, 20:18