Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New features of v8 and DSD question
Also landing with firmware 8.0 is yet another acronym: the RAM (‘Record Active Matching’) phono stage brings remote controllable configuration of loading, gain and thirteen EQ curves. Alternatively, single-click presets for 130 of the world’s most popular cartridges can be applied – great news for novices.

Does anyone know the 130 carts that are supported? as I'm thinking about getting into vinyl...I think..

Also I will be transferring a heap of test DSD files from a friends USB onto my NAS, what's the best way of playing them?

I currently use a SBT to stream my flacs stored on my nas and I have noticed a DSD plugin for the SBT but I don't want to lose quality as I think it might do some converting on the fly.
Edit:
Actually playing DSD on a Squeezebox Touch won't do much good compared to the PCM version (24/96 or 24/192) . This is because LMS will transcode DSD to PCM anyway. You need to have a DSD DAC in order to hear the real benefit.
Devialet 120 <> Cremona Auditor M <> roon core running on my iMac via Air Ethernet with iPad/Android remote.
MQA via Tidal app also plays great but not as user friendly as have to use splashtop app to control remotely.

Messages In This Thread
New features of v8 and DSD question - by craigyoung - 16-May-2015, 07:08