Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom : low quality at normal volume
(21-May-2015, 07:48)fabien Wrote: Hello,
I own a Phantom Silver... The volume goes from 0 to 100.
From 10 to 40 : the quality is as good as a 80€ speaker (I have compared Phantom Silver to a Jambox : same quality for this volume range)
From  40 to 100 : the Phantom quality is great

I use my phantome 95% of the time between 10 to 40 : so I am very disappointed because 95% of the time I have the same quality than a Jambox (which is a lot smaller, more convenient to use, and a lot cheaper)

Volume from 40 to 100 : it is very very loud... too loud... except for a nightclub....

So before buying a Phantom Silver, make sure to hear a Phantom at low volume - and see by yourself that the sound is not good.
=> Don't buy Phantom for your home, you office
=> Buy Phantom if you own a nightclub

I would be very happy to hear about other user experience - USING Phantom between 10 to 40 volume.

Are you kidding? The low volume quality is THE BIG thing that has sold the Phantoms to me. The quality at low volume is much better than my B&W 803D (thats why I sold the lot). I find that you get a good range of dynamic without having to make your ears bleed. I was listening to an album by SEAL the other day (streaming from Deezer) and at 15 it was more than enough to fill my room, the bass, treble etc where spot on. Brilliant!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom : low quality at normal volume - by stonedragon - 21-May-2015, 12:00