Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Air help, please.
Hello
I have sifted through the threads and I apologize if these questions are answered elsewhere and I cannot find them. Would love some help on some simple questions related to streaming through Air on my new Devialet 200 : )

My understanding is that unlike other DACs which tend to prefer USB connection...the Devialet sounds best when using AIR over the wireless router. My first question is whether using the Ethernet connection is like using the wireless connection, but with better consistency in streaming vs over the air. Does that method sound as good? Do you lose functionality of being able to stream from other devices?

Also, a totally un-related question. When connecting via a wired connection a solid state hard drive sounds better because there are no moving parts and less noise from the device. However, if I'm using the wireless connection does it matter whether I'm using a spinning hard drive vs. solid state from an audio perspective?

Would appreciate any advice or if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Josh

Messages In This Thread
Newbie Air help, please. - by jogo77 - 22-May-2015, 19:48
RE: Newbie Air help, please. - by thumb5 - 22-May-2015, 20:02
RE: Newbie Air help, please. - by jogo77 - 22-May-2015, 20:14
RE: Newbie Air help, please. - by thumb5 - 22-May-2015, 20:35
RE: Newbie Air help, please. - by jogo77 - 23-May-2015, 01:31