Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev transmitting data?
This is not meant o be alarmist or anything. Just extremely puzzled!

My Broadband service is not what you could say as fast. The opposite in fact as we live in a village. The best we get is about 1.5mbs if we are lucky when downloading, with less that half of that the other way. So I am used to snailmail, and less than desirable download times, but usable all the same.

Recently I have noticed a drop in performance below even our standards, but have not had the time till now to investigate.
I thought my ISP was throttling us, but apparently not so, as we were getting 0.02mbs download this morning, I kid you not!
The techie did say that something was downloading or using a fair amount of bandwith, so I investigated making sure none of my machines were updating sware or something like that. Then I took a peek at the router stats and found one connected device hogging the network way above anything else, and it wasn't my PC or laptop, cos I switch each off in turn to see what happened....

A real mystery! ...until noticed the Dev in standby mode (since the night before - display dimmed), so switched that off as well... The activity just disappeared with normal Internet performance resuming... and the problem restarted when I booted the Dev up again..... Wha??????

What is thing doing?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.

Messages In This Thread
Dev transmitting data? - by teddlesdee - 23-May-2015, 17:10
RE: Dev transmitting data? - by thumb5 - 23-May-2015, 17:25
Dev transmitting data? - by amabrok - 23-May-2015, 20:51