Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S/PDIF to AES/EBU Link and Audioprana Hybrid Cable
Hi guys

I just wanted to say I received my Audioprana cable link on Friday.  It replaced the Crystal S/PDIF cable that came with my 400s.  I won't go into a long discussion at this time, but the switch to the Audioprana was huge.  Easy, easy, easy to tell the improvements right off the bat. 

Now I don't know how much of the difference was due to the Audioprana cable and how much was due to switching from SP/DIF-SP/DIF link to the hybrid S/PDIF master to AES/EBU slave link, but please please if you have 400 or 800 monoblocks you owe it to yourself to at least try the hybrid link, if not the Audioprana cable, especially if you are still using the supplied crystal cable.

I know that Foggy916 recently returned his Audioprana purchase, finding the Audioprana too 'soft' sounding, but for me in my system, I found there was far more musical detail than I had with the Crystal. 

I'll post more once I get a better handle on the differences, but suffice to say, I'm not returning the Audioprana cable.

I would really like to compare the Audioprana to the Transparent XL SP/DIF-SP/DIF one day.  If I can get one used at 60% of US retail or less, maybe I'll take the plunge.  Until then, the AP is my goto link.

Music First!

Kerry

P.S Thanks for the recommendation Guillaume. I owe you one

Disclaimer: I don't work for or know Audioprana personally, nor am I getting any kind of product price break for this  Wink
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada

Messages In This Thread
S/PDIF to AES/EBU Link and Audioprana Hybrid Cable - by MusicFirst - 24-May-2015, 02:52