Poll: Which streaming input sounds best to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
USB
35.40%
57 35.40%
AIR WiFi
14.29%
23 14.29%
AIR Ethernet
44.10%
71 44.10%
UPnP
6.21%
10 6.21%
Total 161 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you?
(28-May-2014, 18:02)Antoine Wrote: @Kunter, do you run the playback machine in core mode or do you need the GUI mode for running AIR and JPlay? And do you have the DualPC setup? (so using an additional control PC/Mac besides the playback machine directly connected to the Devialet)

I currently use a couple of years old SSD Sony laptop (it has i7 and all, was a good machine then). I could not make the Air app work on Core mode so mine runs with gui now. Will try dual pc, core mode and hybernate with USB input once I have a chance...

(28-May-2014, 18:46)Jwg1749 Wrote: Hi Kunter,
Not wanting to start a fight, but could I just observe that there are lots of people who'll have problems with this.
They'll say, for instance, that it's easy to prove that AIFF, WAV, FLAC and ALAC files sound identical. Simply by nulling them against one another you can show that they all contain exactly the same musical data.
The same applies to ethernet cables. The ethernet protocol contains data checking. If any data is lost in transmission it gets resent until it's correct. Any two ethernet cables will transmit exactly the same data.
Power supplies are a bit more controversial, but if you're running your system via wireless or ethernet, the PSU of the sending device can have no impact on the data transmitted to the receiving device.
Cheers!
Matt

Well, to start with, I have a problem with all of what I wrote... Every little improvement I heard in my system, which is very revealing, is bad for the wallet Smile
I listen to what people have to say, but I have learned to trust my ears first.

All lossless formats are identical as long as data is concerned. The difference is when you try to play them, and the work the cpu needs to do to decode etc real time. I guess this is it. When someone says they sound identical, I just am happy for them. Same for cables (interference is key), power supplies (noise), etc.

Now let me push more buttons. Have you tried Entreq grounding devices, which connect to any ground post on your electronics? Definitely should not make a difference... Just give a try..

One last note. I found the best way to avoid psychological effects. I ask the missus to do the blind testing...

cheers and happy listening.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you? - by Kunter - 29-May-2014, 20:39