Poll: Which streaming input sounds best to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
USB
35.40%
57 35.40%
AIR WiFi
14.29%
23 14.29%
AIR Ethernet
44.10%
71 44.10%
UPnP
6.21%
10 6.21%
Total 161 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you?
(03-Jun-2014, 20:44)Mohmm Wrote: In your list you forgot to mention the XLR (AES/EBU) input. Imo this is the best when I feed it via firewire/Weiss INT203/XLR cable from my MacPro. Alternatively I use ethernet as being nearly equivalent in quality. XLR, though, is still a tick more detailed and clearer in micro dynamics.

In terms of software PureMusic is the app of choice when feeding the INT203 even though its user interface is a bit oldfashioned. It does gapless without a hitch while I never saw the other players for Mac perform flawlessly in my environment.

For my taste the wireless option depends too much on the density of wireless traffic in the neighbourhood.

Hi Mohmm, I didn't consider the AES/EBU input a streaming input as you need a device other than the Devialet. UPnP was added to the poll by Guillaume (he asked first). But it doesn't matter, thanks for sharing your findings! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you? - by Antoine - 10-Jun-2014, 17:09