Poll: Which streaming input sounds best to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
USB
35.40%
57 35.40%
AIR WiFi
14.29%
23 14.29%
AIR Ethernet
44.10%
71 44.10%
UPnP
6.21%
10 6.21%
Total 161 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you?
Question 
Hi all,

My Devialet D-Premier will return coming Friday (upgraded to 240/250 specs) so I haven't tested everything myself yet but I am really curious which streaming input (USB, WiFi or ethernet) on the Devialet sounds best to you in your system? If you prefer to use a device other than Devialet that does uPnP for example and connect that to a digital or analog input, you could vote for uPnP as well.

I am also curious as to what you are using as a 'music server' playback machine (Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/Server 2012.../Apple OS X version 'x') and playback software (eg. JRiver, Amarra, ...) and if you made any modifications to the system (eg. installed PPA Studio or SoTM USB interface, used a linear power supply, used the Audiophile Optimizer software, CAD scripts,etc.) or used any special cables (USB, ethernet, ...) or networking equipment between the Devialet and the 'server'.

Up to today I myself have used a common hardware but separate Windows 8 PC (powered on 24/7) as a server with JRiver Media Center 19 and WiFi AIR. I remote control it with JRemote on an iPad. The new inputs on the upgraded 240/250 will give me extra options to experiment with. In the coming weeks I'll start experimenting myself as well using a dedicated machine (the Windows 8 machine now also functions as a NAS/backup server/Sickbeard-/mail server) and maybe some special hardware so I can't give my own vote yet. Smile

Best regards,

Antoine.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you? - by Antoine - 28-May-2014, 15:28