Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos via Optical in on Dialog ?
When I setup my system I'm presented with 5 optical inputs to assign, 4 Phantoms plus the Dialog. To Assign name labels to these inputs it's done by selecting the input, the Phantom responds to selecting it in the spark app so you know which one you are assigning. The dialog is the only one that does nothing so by default you know which one it is. note you cannot at present change the assigned name without going through a full setup. I made this mistake once by accepting the default "other source" for all input.
I have connected my Sonos to a Phantom which was in a stereo pair and the Dialog box (not at the same time mind). Both distribute the signal to any Phantom in the system, stereo of dual monos (which I did to check levels once).
I believe that each Phantom receives the full digital data from any of the 5 digital inputs (in my case) and does what it needs to depending on it's own configuation. Be it a mono/dual mono or Stereo arranged pair.

I also have my turntable connected to a separate Sonos connect, to digitize the output for replay through my Phantoms. Not HiFi quality but it's a start. I would be looking to find a better HiFi solution in the future, maybe a Metric Halo ULN2 but would be interested if others have alternative suggestions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonos via Optical in on Dialog ? - by EvPa - 25-May-2015, 13:30
RE: Sonos via Optical in on Dialog ? - by EvPa - 25-May-2015, 14:13
RE: Sonos via Optical in on Dialog ? - by superstock - 26-May-2015, 16:13