Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAS drives direct into Dialog?
(09-Jul-2015, 15:45)frix Wrote: I hope the phantoms will become way more flexible in the way one can stream content.
Don't get me wrong. I'm really intrigued by them.

Though reading here it still seems very beta with limitied options to actually get music/movies playing on them.
Disappointing considering the premium price tag.
I hope devialet delivers in the near future.

Certainly 4 months ago when I got mine the software and firmware were very buggy. There have been 4 updates since then iirc and now it does exactly what was claimed except connect to their expert range via USB, which they are working on.

AFAIK they never promised anything other than Spark, which now works fine, though it is as rubbish as all the others at classical music.
Spark can stream from Deezer, Qobuz or Tidal off the internet and can locate and stream any music files that can be seen by the computer it is running on, including remote NAS drives

I agree that only being able to play a CD transport with an optical output is a slight limit, but it seems to me that the sort of person these are aimed at mainly stream from the internet anyway.

People who favour LPs are probably fundamentally opposed to the concept of the Phantom anyway so only a very few of us probably miss that, and it is not impossible anyway.

Some people are using them with video, which never occurred to me but I don't watch much TV or video anyway.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
NAS drives direct into Dialog? - by MattC - 26-May-2015, 16:33
RE: NAS drives direct into Dialog? - by NickB - 26-May-2015, 17:01
NAS drives direct into Dialog? - by Dom - 26-May-2015, 20:57
RE: NAS drives direct into Dialog? - by hk6230 - 09-Jul-2015, 01:45
RE: NAS drives direct into Dialog? - by f1eng - 09-Jul-2015, 15:52
RE: NAS drives direct into Dialog? - by frix - 09-Jul-2015, 15:45
RE: NAS drives direct into Dialog? - by f1eng - 09-Jul-2015, 16:04
RE: NAS drives direct into Dialog? - by EvPa - 09-Jul-2015, 19:22
RE: NAS drives direct into Dialog? - by f1eng - 09-Jul-2015, 17:17
RE: NAS drives direct into Dialog? - by Zumb - 12-Jan-2017, 18:56