Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little newb help please...
ledesc
I have intentions of upgrading to 8.0 but for now going to stick w/7.1.2 thru break-in and wait for the dust to settle on 8.0. Given my meager single source streaming useage with no plans of mission creep I think I could be quite happy with an 8.0 bare bones configuration approach. No need for all the bells & buzzers as I'm enjoying the simple no-brainer approach to 24/96 Sonos with Deezer Elite... least for the foreseeable future tho with anything audio, that could change.

Damon-
The NADAs are a treat! Took a year to finish them to the spec I wanted and I'm retired and worked on them full time for 4.5 months once cabinets were finished. Admittedly I was going after the Magico Q1 specifications/dynamics. Matched them in some respects and surpassed them in others, ie:

Q1 86dB/1W/1m NADA 89dB/1W/1m

Q1 Aluminum chassis NADA MDF with 1.5" top, floor/walls and 2.5" baffle with threaded tensioning provision Horizontally (double) and vertically (single) laminated in an incredibly patterned Pau Ferro Rosewood I found and shipped to Lee Taylor for laminating the cabinets he built for me

Q1 5 Ohm NADA 4 Ohm

Q1 32Hz-50kHz/Sealed NADA 32Hz-50kHz/Reflex with CNC'd alloy adjustable port diameter sleeves for tuning

Q1 spkr only 60lbs NADA spkr only 68lbs

Q1 XO's are small/simple NADA's are massive in comparison with uber high-end Dueland/Mundorf caps resistors etc and free-floating/suspension mounted

NADA Construction: no wood screws in assembly. All stainless M4 DIN machine screws in Helicoil stainless threaded inserts thru-out. Crossovers wired 18AWG W/24AWG T with 5n solid core pure silver wire with airlok insulation. WBT NextGen pure silver binding posts and Crystal Cables Dreamline silver/gold speaker cables and Furutech Carbon Fiber Rhodium plated Bananas.

The NADA 7" woofer is ScanSpeak Illuminator series. Underhung design with Neodymium magnets, 9mm excursion and huge titanium voice coil. Performs more like a 10" woofer. ScanSpeak Illuminator series Beryllium tweeter with neo magnets.

Overall amazing transparency, resolution, tone, texture and delicacy, see-thru clarity and liveliness with astonishing realism! Highest fidelity, fullest range, most transparent-to-source bookshelf I've personally ever heard! But best of all it allowed me to closely mimic, and in some ways trounce a $25k bookshelf for just at $8k. And since I'm retired it gave me a project for a year and was something I always wanted to do.

Sorry if this is more info than you needed/wanted but I have my chatty hat on this morning ;-)
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
Little newb help please... - by Manoet - 28-May-2015, 12:12
RE: Little newb help please... - by Confused - 28-May-2015, 12:37
RE: Little newb help please... - by NickB - 28-May-2015, 13:15
RE: Little newb help please... - by MusicFirst - 28-May-2015, 13:43
RE: Little newb help please... - by Manoet - 28-May-2015, 14:55
Little newb help please... - by ledesc - 28-May-2015, 15:46
RE: Little newb help please... - by Manoet - 28-May-2015, 15:57
RE: Little newb help please... - by NickB - 28-May-2015, 18:01
RE: Little newb help please... - by hk6230 - 29-May-2015, 01:44
RE: Little newb help please... - by Damon - 29-May-2015, 03:16
RE: Little newb help please... - by Manoet - 29-May-2015, 03:46