Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks
(28-Jun-2015, 00:18)completeluxury Wrote:
(27-Jun-2015, 16:12)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(27-Jun-2015, 09:33)Vivialet Wrote: I also always had the feeling that the master driven channel was louder. I did some measurements with Carma (audionet) which tells me that the slave has a 0,07ms delay. Both speakers have the same distance to the listening position, maybe a few cm difference). 0,07ms is 20cm.
I have added a delay to the master channel (right channel in my setup) using the jriver dsp. With 0,04ms delay the measurement shows no difference between right and left channel anymore. And now I think it is well balanced. Maybe the master is not compensating the signal processing until it reaches the slave ?

I think there is an error there: unless I'm wrong 0,07ms is about 2cm at sound velocity. 20cm is 0,7ms.

i think he missed a zero by mistake in his calculation - im with you.
I think it would be interesting to get confirmation. Because if it is 2cm and 0,07ms then that can easily be the geometry without any particular delay induced by the electronics, while if it is 0,7ms the electronics is most certainly involved.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks - by Jean-Marie - 28-Jun-2015, 07:43