Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does anyone use subwoofers in their setup?
(28-Jul-2015, 10:41)Antoine Wrote: If there aren't (m)any issues in bass reproduction for a given room/loudspeaker/loudspeaker placement combination then a sub can't help to fix issues that aren't there! Wink

Setting up a subwoofer the -right way- isn't easy though. IMO measurements are mandatory.

Personally I prefer low level connections (feeding the sub a pre-out/sub-out input) instead of the high level (feeding the sub using the main LS outputs). It gives you the possibility to employ crossover filters, delay, etc.

Funny you should say that, because I originally thought that too, yet both Ox Audio and REL's docs seem to suggest that the REL is better with High Level for some reason, indeed there is a REL Setup doc that goes to great length expousing HL setup for Monoblocks etc here:

http://rel.net/support/rel-set-up/

Must admit, I really didn't get a heck of a lot of time to fiddle given the son and his betrothed turning up for the weekend, so maybe I have not had enough time to give it the attention that it deserves... Only be able to really spend time next sunday, but don't want to pea-off OA...
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: does anyone use subwoofers in their setup? - by teddlesdee - 28-Jul-2015, 11:04