Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does anyone use subwoofers in their setup?
(28-Jul-2015, 22:54)completeluxury Wrote: ok so basically ive set my room up pretty well at the moment so that i have a pretty constant and linear system in regards to the sound output at all frequencies.

a 40 hz room mode means that at 40 hz, the system is 10 to 15 db louder than the other frequencies (and we all know that a 10db increase is actually double the volume)

ill take some photos over the weekend when im working on my system to demonstrate what i mean and how it looks when measured on software

Many thanks for this explanation - now looked up room modes on t'web - helpful. I am afraid that I have not yet ventured into the realms of room "tuning" (if that's the right word!) and possibly won't as it seems fraught with it's own set of problems - bass traps and all that. Anyway hope you resolve your 40Hz room mode Smile.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: does anyone use subwoofers in their setup? - by brit - 28-Jul-2015, 23:26