Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volume on Pass thru line connection to Surround receiver
Hello,

Besides the Devialet 200 i have an Anthem MRX 710, which was my main music source before. Of course i used it for videos too for great surround. Now, the Devialet has the fronts connected and i have configured the line connectors with the 'Pass thru' option. So, on paper the Anthem should be able to handle the volume of the Devialet, and thus being able to configure the new situation using the Anthems ARC method with microphone.

However, the volume coming from the Devialet is too low to be able to use the ARC method. I have to manually put the volume to the maximum possible setting on the Anthem (+12 db) and then still the volume of the sound coming from the fronts (spendor D7) connected to the Devialet is too low.

I have tried to set the Pass thru volume higher, but this doesn't seem to make a difference...

The default, -15 should normaly be loud enough. I don't know if it's something, but after configuring Pass thru, the display on the Devialet says -40 db (while it should be -15). -40 db is what it sounds like indeed...

Am i missing something and is there someone with more experience with this kind of setup?

Thanks in advance!
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components

Messages In This Thread
Volume on Pass thru line connection to Surround receiver - by Bartype - 05-Jun-2015, 15:02