Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How have you found Devialet Support?
Well, as an unexpected update, I was contacted by Devialet, and they offered to send me a new D200 as replacement.

They acknowledged that the after care had not been to the standard they would like in this case, and that they didn't want me to wait further for the tests/repair to my D200.

I'm very thankful, but at the same time I would have preferred it was just dealt with efficiently, and the problem properly acknowledged and resolved. I feel bad for the outcome as I have a new unit which has cost them, but more than that I had the frustration and stress and had to be really firm which takes a lot of effort and isn't what life's all about.

People make mistakes and I always try and put myself in someone else's shoes and in the end there's not much more they could have done here so I'm grateful. But, I'm still very wary of potentially being in this position again down the line, as it doesn't seem like this was an isolated incident. So at the moment I'm not sure I'll actually fire up the new one. I might just stay with the setup I'm using now, and move the D200 on…. Will have to have a think on that one - unless the replacement sounds different to my previous model (i.e. it was generally faulty) I actually think 'd rather stay with the sound I have now its setup again. It's a less expensive system, but it sounds more 'right' to me.

There are things I miss about the Devialet as I listen now, but the treble just seems 'normal' and the sound quite natural, and not a pop or crackle in sight as would be expected. Perhaps the treble is just a good speaker match, or conditioning on my part, but I'm not sure I could go back to that 'thinness', and I would sacrifice the SAM bass extension for it, along with a little bass punch.

I probably won't be able to resist temptation to see if the new one sounds different though…. In any case, thankfully, the issue I've got now is a much better one to have.

I do intend to send a detailed letter to Devialet, going through the whole thing. I think it's really important for helping sort out their customer services, or at least my experience of it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: How have you found Devialet Support? - by Hifi_swlon - 18-Jun-2015, 22:17
How have you found Devialet Support? - by no32 - 02-Aug-2015, 19:56