Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom's 'House Sound'?
(08-Jun-2015, 00:42)MountainGuy Wrote: WHOA!  You can insert a MiniDSP in the chain?  Does one take the OPTICAL or USB output from one's source (i.e. computer) and run through the MiniDSP and then connect via OPTICAL/USB to the Phantom's box?  If so, that is great news.  I though that there was no way to to EQ on the Phantoms and would want to do that to tailor to room responses. 

The MiniDSP10x10HD has a digital input and output (AES/RCA/Optical) and can work the way you describe.
i am sure there are cheaper units that forego the analogue inputs/outputs.
I currently use the analogue inputs to serve the two pairs of Phantoms in a surround system.
The front pair via the optical digital out and the rear pair from an analogue output pair converted to optical.
The MiniDSP allows me to direct the Centre input to the left and right front, to create a phantom centre, and also allows me to direct the sub/LFE to all four Phantoms!!!  Awesome.

Of course, this will not be seen as ideal as there is additional analogue/digital conversion and it must be noted that the 10x10HD only works upto 48kHz.  Still, it is a working solution, for me, until the Spark software changes for surround are delivered sometime in the distant future.  Would it be too much to ask for a software change to add EQ as well?

Messages In This Thread
Phantom's 'House Sound'? - by MountainGuy - 07-Jun-2015, 16:01
RE: Phantom's 'House Sound'? - by alandbush - 07-Jun-2015, 16:59
RE: Phantom's 'House Sound'? - by MountainGuy - 08-Jun-2015, 00:42
RE: Phantom's 'House Sound'? - by alandbush - 08-Jun-2015, 23:44
RE: Phantom's 'House Sound'? - by Rodrat2 - 07-Jun-2015, 23:21
Phantom's 'House Sound'? - by mirekti - 08-Jun-2015, 03:19