Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet DAC quality equivalent?
(16-Aug-2015, 22:47)Cycles2 Wrote:
(16-Jun-2015, 01:34)Music or sound Wrote: The only way to compare Devialet's DAC quality with other DACs is using the analog  preamplified  output and compare it with other DAC. I am using the preout filtered for low pass and it is very good that way. I bought my D-Premier/D250 because I wanted an integrated amplifier (including x-over). I can imagine to find better DAC and amplifier combinations but at much higher expenses (also space wise).

Music or Sound,

I'm not sure I understand your post on how to compare Devialet's DAC quality to other DACs.  I don't know any way to truly connect a different DAC and bypass the Devi's DAC.  I thought using the pre-out is intended to bypass the Devi's amp but still use the Devi's DAC and pre-amp.

Thx,
Brian ...

If one wants to judge Devialet as a conventional DAC one can listen to the pre-out function (full range) and compare it to other DACs. I was interested in Devialet as an amplifier which is better than normal class D amps and has a digital cross-over function thus I am using it also its DAC function +/- the amp function. If I would be interested in a standalone DAC I would look into R2R types like Totaldac, Rockna, Metrum or Aqua acoustics.

Messages In This Thread
Devialet DAC quality equivalent? - by kenreau - 09-Jun-2015, 19:21
Devialet DAC quality equivalent? - by amabrok - 12-Jun-2015, 04:26
RE: Devialet DAC quality equivalent? - by Music or sound - 17-Aug-2015, 17:29
RE: Devialet DAC quality equivalent? - by brit - 22-Aug-2015, 11:36