Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Long Last I Have Experienced Phantom!
(18-Jun-2015, 20:03)krass Wrote: ... I think they are very good but I'd like to see what early adopters think when they've used them a few months, especially whether the mid- quality is there or whether they become a bit fatiguing after a while. 
mike

I have had mine (2 white Phantoms) for about two months now and I can tell you this.
At first, I really loved them. Sound is impressive. Off course I also tried playing them really loud (65-75), but also when playing at modest (35-45) or low soundlevels (15-25). I really appreciate them late in the evening. If you turn volume down considerably your ears will easily adapt. And at 20-30, you will hear same detail as on normal (40-50) volume.

After a while they will break in. Maybe it's not very notable to every listener. But I have the impression that SQ improved a bit. Even more detail, softer highs.
Over time, some updates came available. Spark is much more stable than in the beginning. So I even love them more.

Only thing I may not like:
I don't like the dropoff between volume/sound level 8 and 10. 7 just is too soft while 10 is definitely too loud when you are dreamlistening on a couch or practicing yoga in the early morning. I really hope Devialet will improve this.
And off course there are some recordings which are not as good as one would like. On a cheap system you will not really notice. (Sonos just sounds nice, regardless of what you're playing). But on Phantom, minor issues on recordings become annoying. (as it speaks voor itself, I am not blaming Phantom for that)

I think they are a reasonably affordable high-end system. I can really recommend them!

What I am curious about is if there are folks who play their Phantoms really, really, 'insanely loud' (like >80) during more than like 10 seconds (not to speak of a whole album Confused ). And I would really like to know the difference with the Silver Phantoms since they even go louder than ('insanely loud')

Messages In This Thread
RE: At Long Last I Have Experienced Phantom! - by michirishi - 19-Jun-2015, 11:25