Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet DAC and Phono stage
@f1eng - I actually think that from a technical point of view, a digital phono stage is actually a very good idea. Compared with 24bit digital accuracy, it must surly be very difficulty to replicate this with conventional phono stages. From my own limited experience I also concur with your point that the Devialet phono stage is quiet, when I tried a comparison using a Tom Evans phono stage this was most apparent. It is interesting that you don't like doing component comparisons. I have been doing many recently, at dealers, because I have been trying to decide what new kit to buy. I do find back to back component comparisons fascinating, but strangely hard work when you are really concentrating on what you are listening to. The thing is though, after about 1 hour or so of listening, it starts to send me quite insane! To be clear, this is not meant to be humorous, it quite genuinely has a very strange effect on me mentally! (There might actually be something in this, i.e. some kind of examination of why most hifi fanatics are at some level, utterly bonkers)

Messages In This Thread
Devialet DAC and Phono stage - by Confused - 11-Jul-2014, 22:19
RE: Devialet DAC and Phono stage - by f1eng - 12-Jul-2014, 10:56
RE: Devialet DAC and Phono stage - by Confused - 12-Jul-2014, 11:51
RE: Devialet DAC and Phono stage - by jjo - 12-Jul-2014, 17:20
RE: Devialet DAC and Phono stage - by Confused - 13-Jul-2014, 09:35
RE: Devialet DAC and Phono stage - by jjo - 14-Jul-2014, 08:58