Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Audio Format for Phantom/Dialog/SPARK
Thank you, streamy

Have you tested any other lossless formats? What about APE?

You mention that you haven't tested "live gapless", yet. What about gapless, period? like, for example a recording that is not live, but some songs are recorded to not be separated by a gap...

I think also, the big picture would be, to know exactly what the Phantom + Dialog combo would never be able to do...

Like, wondering if the limitations you mention, of lossless uncompressed audio formats (96k/192k), and lossless compressed audio formats (192k; 24 bit music in 5.1 coding), are just things that Phantom owners will have to live with.

Other limitations could be HD formats.... If that is the case,...will Devialet be able to use the unplayable formats by auto-down converting them to the closest playable setup it detects?

I'm new to this kind of talk. My apologies.

p.s- Also:

I've never streamed in my life. I've been wondering... If I have music albums saved in one file, for example, 2 music albums/ 2 files (Instead of: saved as tracks), will I be able to play songs in "random" mode, from both albums, back and forth, randomly, as if they were all track files, instead of album files?

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Audio Format for Phantom/Dialog/SPARK - by Dvlt PhD - 21-Jun-2015, 19:40