Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion makes a buzzing sound.
(18-Aug-2015, 19:33)octaviars Wrote:
(18-Aug-2015, 19:06)brit Wrote:
(18-Aug-2015, 18:54)Foctaviars Wrote:
(18-Aug-2015, 18:28)Antoine Wrote: It's the small ferrites inside the PSU. It's been discussed on this site multiple times and there even is/was a support article about it on the Devialet website.

I have tried to find it on Devialet site but can not do that......

Think this is what they wrote, found it in another thread. 

Quote:Although there are no moving parts inside a Devialet, you may hear in some cases an extremely soft noise in stand-by. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. It is caused by the vibration of some ferrite elements in the power supply. The level of this extremely low noise varies from unit to unit. Again, there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Got a answer from Devialet today and they wanted me to record the sound and send it to them but my companions noise is so faint that it is hard to seperate it from the noise in the background.

Yes the Devialet link is here: 

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...n-stand-by-

David
Rep[b]Replyly[/b]

Thank you, did not look to well I see that now..... Confused

Not a problem, the Devialet on-line Help web site is a bit of a shambles to say the least  Huh.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companion makes a buzzing sound. - by brit - 18-Aug-2015, 19:06
RE: Companion makes a buzzing sound. - by brit - 18-Aug-2015, 19:41