Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 ------my first 4 months
(24-Jun-2015, 01:07)completeluxury Wrote: As a devialet dealer, there is no way i would sell an amp without going to the persons house and setting it up!

Firstly, i wouldnt want someone inexperienced to set it up and fudge something accidentally - then they talk the product down to others

secondly, these professional solutions should never just be sold to people and thats the end of it! its all part of the service that makes a dealer a good dealer!

I don't think anyone would argue with you that dealer support is important.  I have certainly seen many posts on this forum relating to issues new users are having, which simply would never have happened with a bit of dealer support.  With respect to my own experience, I have found my dealer to be exemplary, they assisted with set up and have provided good advice and support since.  I have never had any reliability issues with the Devialet but I did have a couple of problems with a turntable I bought, none of these issues were the dealers fault, but they could not have done more to ensure that the issues were resolved painlessly and to 100% satisfaction.  

However, one big issue in this post is the performance of AIR.  Resolution of the AIR issue lies with Devialet, not the dealers.  In fact, my afore mentioned dealer had a lap top that would drift into white noise when used to run Devialet AIR, and the dealer actually lent this laptop to Devialet in part of the drive to assist Devialet isolate and resolve the issue.  I also had some configurator issues that my dealer helped me with, but again this was not me requiring help understanding what to do as such, it was bugs in the dual mono configurator that Devialet themselves have owned up to.  So good dealer or not, the Dev can be a bit of a pain.

For balance, I am actually a very happy Devialet owner.  Since buying it, I have been delighted with the SAM upgrade, and this year early experiments with RAM have been very positive, for someone with a lot of old vinyl this is quite an exciting addition.  If I'd known about all the upcoming issues before buying the Devialet, I would still have purchased, no doubt about it.  But with respect to Devialet's ability to debug software, communicate, the fact that they can advise Dialog will work in a month, then quietly admit only to those who ask that it will take a year, quite frankly Devialet should be utterly shamefaced.  Plus, in the industry I work in, equivalent performance would result in people being fired and contracts being terminated.  

Sounds good though!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet 200 ------my first 4 months - by Confused - 24-Jun-2015, 21:17