Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 ------my first 4 months
Thanks for sharing Womaz - seems like we have similar thoughts on Devialet ownership.

I really like the way my D200 sounds, but I actually like the way it looks even more.

But I'm still in two minds whether or not to sell my replacement unit. Devialet as a brand is not what I thought I bought into, even if perhaps they were in their earlier days by the sounds of things.

They have very little respect for their customers, don't engage with them, and don't seem capable of debugging their own product at all.

I was the same as you - if it weren't for this fantastic site I'd wouldn't have known what the hell was going on trying to set it up and what 'I' was doing wrong with Air. Imagine what life would be like for owners if these guys hadn't setup this website.

I think Devialet is founded on some seriously pioneering technology by some brave, clever, people, but economics has taken over to the point they seem hell-bent only on world domination via Phantom.

One can only hope they pull themselves together and keep it going.

Meanwhile I just gave up on Air - it's unusable rubbish. It does sound amazing but who wants something that sounds amazing only for a short time and needs constant messing about with. That's not what I use my hifi for at all - it's meant to be relaxing / partying whatever. I feel embarrassed when a friend comes by and I play something on the Devialet and have to restart Air. As you say it's expensive kit for some of us, and if they package something with it it should work. And by work I don't mean for some people some of the time.

The silver lining for me has been the discovery of Roon as a way to get rid of Air. Now there's a company that engage with their customers and know how to debug their software... Apparently Devialet told them they can't integrate into Phantom as they insist on phantom owners using their own solution of Spark/Dialogue. Poor sods.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet 200 ------my first 4 months - by Hifi_swlon - 08-Aug-2015, 17:38