Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner?
I just remembered something. I was at a dealer a few years back. He had one of those 'dirt sniffers' that shows you how much dirt there is on the power lines (it makes a noise) and how a power conditioner can improve that (the 'sniffer' makes less noise)

Can anyone please explain to me why a dealer would invest in a 'sniffer' to prove to clients that dirt on the power lines is a bad thing? If dirty power is such an issue, why not just use one of your music systems to prove it? There's plenty to chose from and they're already in the shop.

To use a car analogy (Don't we all love car analogies?) The guy at the bowser pores fuel through a micro filter to show you how much dirt stays on the filter, then tries to sell you a 'super duper fuel filtering machine' to put your fuel through before you put it in your car. Yet, my car already has a fuel filter. Why not show me how good his 'super duper filtering machine' is by filtering some fuel for free and let me feel how much smoother my car drives in the coming week?

There's some fuel for thought.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner? - by Pim - 26-Sep-2020, 11:19