Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Naim Unitiserve to Devialet
(01-Jul-2015, 18:10)PhilP Wrote:
(01-Jul-2015, 17:40)kw1373 Wrote: I was afraid of that.  

Yes I was connecting via digital coaxial.  Just wanted to try alternative of ethernet as I read here and elsewhere that it could b superior.  

On the other hand, playing even low rez files via iPhone sounds really nice with the 2nd ethernet cable (which I assume is being fed to devialet from router via the ethernet).  Very good bass and smooth.  

Will devialet b UPnP in the future?  Seems a pity it isn't?

There's definitely no agreement that Ethernet is best in fact many of he most outspoken people on the Naim forum use Mac Mini linked to a USB DAC using local storage.

Devialet are rumoured to be working on UPnP support and there has been speculation that it will be available by he end of this year.

I use AIR wifi nearly 100% of the time now and it works perfectly for me. I'm not really interested in UPnP support - been there done that with Naim. It works well but I don't want multiple Ethernet cables/switches/NAS in my music system. My next move is more likely to be to USB or Aes/xbu and no NAS.
It would be GREAT if UPnP is native to my D120.  I don't want to deal with an additional streamer, then whatever digital connection into the D. Just too complicated. fingers-crossed that UPnP will be available.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting Naim Unitiserve to Devialet - by warpeon - 02-Jul-2015, 04:30