Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 is being replaced
(03-Jul-2015, 23:12)Manoet Wrote: Oh wait... it gets worse... LOTS worse! On Tuesday the tech at Kevin Harris's (Devialet Director of US Wholeale) office emails me and says "Received your 200 this morning. I will perform the test this afternoon and get back to you ASAP." I never heard from him again. Yesterday Kevin Harris told my dealer via email that they are replacing the unit. I assume because he talked with the tech in his office. Today I finally get an email from the tech saying he can find nothing wrong with it, that it checks out fine and he'll be sending it back as-is on Monday. I suspect what happened is the tech told Kevin it was screwed... then Kevin sent my dealer an email saying it would be replaced and forwarded it to me. Then the tech, for whatever reason, took 2 days to repair it and then got back to me today saying "nothing wrong, I'm returning it to you." Wonder what Kevin Harris's thinking now? I've got a strong gut-level hunch the balance issue was fixed as I don't believe anyone would have the audacity to send it back as-is. But... ya never know. They've already been caught in lies that are in writing via emails. Our agreement was if it proved to have been broken on arrival it would be replaced, not repaired. Now they're caught in a web that appears at least deceitful if not outright untrue. I didn't sign up for this crap and if I can't get satisfaction I'll get an attorney!

I'm really sorry that you have to go through this. I know that Devialet recently changed their distribution in the USA, going factory direct. It's amazing to me that the quality control, communications, and inept repairs of Devialet are not recognized on other forums or on product reviews. All I hear is praise. Many owners will be shocked in the future I fear.

My fingers are crossed for you. Musically, Ken

Messages In This Thread
D200 is being replaced - by Manoet - 02-Jul-2015, 23:50
RE: D200 is being replaced - by now - 03-Jul-2015, 21:51
RE: D200 is being replaced - by Manoet - 03-Jul-2015, 23:12
RE: D200 is being replaced - by now - 03-Jul-2015, 23:48
RE: D200 is being replaced - by Rufus McDufus - 04-Jul-2015, 00:05
RE: D200 is being replaced - by Manoet - 04-Jul-2015, 01:29
RE: D200 is being replaced - by Ants - 04-Jul-2015, 03:27
RE: D200 is being replaced - by Manoet - 08-Jul-2015, 15:12