Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom dark grey colour founded
Sorry to thread-jack but I wish Devialet would offer a black anodized option on the Expert series. From Alcoa: "Surface emissivity limits the amount of heat transfer due to radiational cooling. With 1.0 being perfect, a black anodized body etched .002" to .003" into the aluminum surface is 0.85 efficient while unfinished is 0.05 and plated with a 4 mircon polished surface is .004." There's a reason most internal combustion engine's radiators and other dissipative surfaces are painted/anodized black. Even a black thin-coat painted alloy surface has over 30% more heat dissipative efficiency than an unfinished or any other 'painted' color alloy surface! A textured surface is dramatically more dissipative than a smooth or polished one if for no other reason than increased 'surface area.' S'why heatsinks have fins, pins, peaks & valleys with cooling channels between and aren't flat or polished.

Plating/polishing is the worst thing Devialet could've possibly done regarding heat dissipation on the Expert series with the possible exception of Plasti-Dip or wrapping a heating pad around it and plugging in set to 'hi" ;-)
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
Phantom dark grey colour founded - by mixart - 16-Jul-2015, 01:48
RE: Phantom dark grey colour founded - by Manoet - 16-Jul-2015, 03:08
RE: Phantom dark grey colour founded - by EvPa - 16-Jul-2015, 13:17