Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Air (OS X) Problem, what problem?
(31-Jul-2015, 09:24)GuillaumeB Wrote: With my d1 server back in France for an upgrade I have been experimenting with Roon, AIR etc.

Last night I tried Audirvana with AIR. 

I'm using a 13 inch Macbook Air (1.3 GHz Intel Core i5) running OS X Yosemite (10.10.4). Audirvana Plus is version 1.5.12. AIR is 2.1.3

Devialet firmware is 8.1.3 beta. Music files were copied over from my NAS.

At first it sounded awful. Figured something was definitely wrong so checked Audirvana Plus settings. For some reason it was outputting to Dirac! So I changed this to AIR. I also selected Direct Mode.

It now sounded better. I managed to listen to about 4 tracks before the DWN (Dreaded White Noise) arrived! There were also a couple of little pops first as if almost to announce the imminent arrival of DWN.

After this it turned the system off and went to bed.  Sad

Guillaume

How strange is this?  About a year ago white noise looked like it was a Windows 8 only issue, Mac users were ok, even my clapped out old Windows Vista machine worked fine with AIR.  I'm getting the impression that sorting AIR is an ongoing battle with Mac and PC operating system updates, could this be a battle that might never be won?   Although funnily enough, the latest beta version of AIR appears to be fairly usable with most Windows users.

Messages In This Thread
Air (OS X) Problem, what problem? - by no32 - 23-Jul-2015, 23:32
RE: Air (OS X) Problem, what problem? - by Confused - 31-Jul-2015, 09:44