Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What were your previous systems (prior to the Phantoms)?
Hi all,
Over the past few days, I've really started considering the Phantom as a serious contender for my home audio setup - was initially planning on probably around 2500USD - but if I have to get a stereo system out of the Phantoms - I'm looking at approx 4300USD (for the Whites). Waiting for deliveries to commence in the US - and demo systems to arrive in dealerships (heard they'll be arriving mid next month).

For those of you that have bought the Phantom - what are your present setups (speakers/ receivers)? Have any of you replaced your tower/ floor standing setups with these?
It'd be great for those of us on the fence to get some perspective from you guys who've already bought the Phantoms on how they measure up to your old systems/ other systems you've been trying out.

Also, around the following areas, how do you find the Phantom to perform (5 - at par with expectations, 0 - much worse than expectations, 10 - much better than expectations):
a. Soundstage
b. Clarity
c. Timbre (e.g. depth of sound - accoustic guitar/ organ timbre, voice trails, that kind of thing)
d. Dynamism
e. Musical presence @ low volume
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro

Messages In This Thread
What were your previous systems (prior to the Phantoms)? - by zambie - 18-Jul-2015, 04:53