Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Copyright restrictions make your sound worst ?
I was listening music CD from my PC to devialet using RJ45 ; them from my Oppo 105 to devialet using RCA coaxial , and found that don"t have much diference in sound qualit
Them I look in Oppo manual to see if was something wrong
And I found this

// From page 64 manual Oppo 105
3. Coaxial/Optical Output: Allows you to set the audio format and the upper sample rate limit for
coaxial/optical (S/PDIF) digital outputs. The upper sample rate limit is used to decide whether the
player will down-sample audio (the player does not up-sample audio to higher sample rates).
48k LPCM – Forces down-mixed 2-channel, linear PCM (LPCM) digital audio format, and sets
the maximum sample rate to 48kHz. This is supported by most receivers/amplifiers.
96k LPCM – Forces down-mixed 2-channel, linear PCM (LPCM) digital audio format and sets
the maximum sample rate to 96kHz. It can result in better audio quality, but ensure the
receiver/amplifier can support it.
192k LPCM – Forces down-mixed 2-channel, linear PCM (LPCM) digital audio format and sets
the maximum sample rate to 192kHz. It can result in better audio quality, but ensure the
receiver/amplifier can support it.
Bitstream (default) – Passes audio as compressed bitstream format to the receiver/amplifier.
Choose this setting if your receiver/amplifier is capable of decoding Dolby Digital and/or DTS.
NOTE
Due to copyright restrictions and bandwidth limitations, SACD audio cannot be sent through the
coaxial/optical audio output, and the high resolution audio on DVD-Audio and Blu-ray discs will
be sent out at reduced resolution. Details can be found on page 19.

The first problem was by default Oppo105 send Compressed bitstream (lossy data) from Coaxial/Optical Output ; you can fix this setting the option to 192k LPCM because devialtet can suport 192k LPCM audio
And found the audio became more clear and detailed ; well I was listen lossy data
And I make the test again and got a better sound from Oppo 105 than PC

Them I read the copyright restrictions , I put some 192k/24bit disk , and I got 48k in devilalet
I beleave que some other player have this restriction too
So is good to see if if the Copyright restrictions are make your sound wrost or not
Note I can fix this Copyright restrictions using HDMI to feed Devialet , but my Devialet don't have HDMI
Now I have to find a transport that don't have this restriction; to see if I can get some improvement using recorded DVD-A

Messages In This Thread
Are the Copyright restrictions make your sound worst ? - by rtt1 - 16-Jul-2014, 14:30