Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the trigger input in home theatre setups
(28-Jul-2015, 17:12)Slimmo Wrote: Hi,

I'm very keen to get myself a D200 but like you will need it to integrate into a home cinema set up so having seen your post and knowing now that it works I wondered how it sounded?

As is so often referenced "the all important front soundstage", how was it mixing two types of amplification across the 3 speakers as I presume the AV amp was taking care of the centre speaker and surrounds?

Thanks,

Slimmo.

Hi Slimmo

It sounds great to me! I have actually been using the approach of front two channels through a hifi amp and centre plus surrounds through an AVR for many years using various hifi amps as I've upgraded. I wasn't expecting that much improvement moving from a Naim 202/200 in this context but actually even with movie sounds the Dev sounds better - just more detail and a 'cleaner signal'. I'm sure that surround sound purists would baulk at the idea of such different amps running different channels but I can't say I've ever noticed any lack of integration in the overall 'sound field'. I could never justify buying two more D200s to cover the other channels anyway! If I ever buy another D200 it will be to create a D400 for hifi purposes. Big Grin

Jonathan
Devialet D200, Linn Majik DS, Pro-Ject X-Pack turntable, PMC Fact 8 speakers,
Creek headphone amp, Sennheiser HD700, Monitor Audio sub.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using the trigger input in home theatre setups - by Jgw911 - 28-Jul-2015, 19:49