Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Moving from Sonos to Phantoms
I'm sitting here listening to a Clarinet Concerto - all I can say if this is what a ghetto blaster sounds like, then I can only imagine what your D120/Athoms must sound like - and Lord knows what my B&W 803 Diamonds must be like, cos these are way better them. Any case  good luck to you  Wink
[/quote]

Ok, I have a bit exaggerated with my comparison to a ghetto blaster Big Grin

But If you ask me blindfolded, which of both sounds is more similar to a ghetto blaster I would say the Phantoms...

But certainly, the Phantoms are so far away from a ghetto blaster, as the Athoms are away from being dull. I had the advantage to hear both systems in a direct comparison under same conditions, not only for a few minutes or hours, but for a weekend and everyone who was with me ("objective" people, because they didn´t heard what they wanted to hear, they were not interested in buying Athoms or Phantoms), has felt the same way.

I have still one Phantom in use, because I like it for some kind of music and because of the ease of use. But when I want to hear really music, I am using my D120/Athoms.

I haven´t really heard your B&W 803, but I have had the Audio Physics Tempo (far away from 50.000,00 €) before and I would say that they are certainly also not worse than the Phantoms.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving from Sonos to Phantoms - by EvPa - 27-Jul-2015, 20:48
RE: Moving from Sonos to Phantoms - by fgueho - 28-Jul-2015, 05:15
RE: Moving from Sonos to Phantoms - by midi - 31-Jul-2015, 19:55
RE: Moving from Sonos to Phantoms - by midi - 01-Aug-2015, 18:36
RE: Moving from Sonos to Phantoms - by midi - 02-Aug-2015, 16:06