Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What delights me about my Devialet
For me the high points are,

1] Sound Quality. Having come from a tube based system I just love the clarity, accuracy and silent background of the Devialet. When we'll be able to get our own speakers SAM'd it'll be even better.

2] Compactness. An all in one solution that unobtrusively does everything that I need with an easy to operate interface.

3] Upgrades. New features coming online all the time via software like the extra power, on the fly phono adjustments, SAM lab. Would love to see some configuration of the DAC possible in future software releases, similar to the features offered by the dCS Purcell upsampler.

Negatives?
1] Not being able to see the display while using the remote from the listening position is a minor niggle that would be easily remedied by an App or a remote with a display.

2] I don't get to play with any nice new kit as I've no need to boxswap Amps, DACs or Phono Stages anymore. Wink
I'm Martin

Devialet D400 Expert, Focal Diablo Utopia III Colour, Bluesound Vault 2i, Meridian CDT, Technics 1210 M5G + Oyaide Platter and Stabiliser, Audionote Tonearm, Blue Angel Mantis MC

Messages In This Thread
RE: What delights me about my Devialet - by howlindawg - 24-Aug-2015, 17:03