Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D Premier new user questions.
I have with me on trial the wonderful D Premier with an option to purchase.

My current system is Linn LP12, Unison Research S9, PS Audio GCPH and 

Yamaha NS1000. I listen to Jazz, Rock and some classical with a preference for acoustic styles. I was attracted to the D Premier for its range of connectivity options, convenience and excellent reviews around sound quality.

My initial views after a couple of hours of listening are very favourable but rather mixed in comparison to my current set up. Swapping in the D Premier gives a wider and deeper soundstage with greater image focus. Strings are particularly attractive/smooth/realistic and i understand 100% around comments about the D Premier being unfatiguing, i could see myself listening for hours which is important. However i prize timbre above all else and the S9 with the GCPH does this better with more realistic shadings, instruments just sound a little less soft and more realistic/organic. Drums too have deeper impact like at the end of Dire Straits Communique. Also listening to REM track Low bass guitar has more grunt/rasping effect giving greater realism. This could off course be down to the respective phonostages as my GCPH is also heavily modified. Must say though at first listen the D Premier sounds more top to bottom coherent/sorted with S9 a little more exciting/loose which is great with rock not so classical. Wanted the D Premier to better my S9 as its much more flexible and has facilities i now need.

More listening needed, really really impressed so far and in no way disappointed, certainly not hype imo around the D Premier its as good as described and beautiful to look at and use.

Hopefully still reading, if so can I ask if anyone has experienced a very quiet intermittent pulsing noise on the phono input? Sounds a bit like the pppppp heard when a mobile phone signal crosses a land line. Its left channel only, comes and goes 10 secs at a time and ive isolated this to the D Premier.

Finally being a total caveman around computers and frankly winging the techi side can i ask please is the SD card a generic item i can buy in an electrical store?

Many thanks W.

Messages In This Thread
D Premier new user questions. - by runforfree69 - 10-Aug-2015, 19:06
RE: D Premier new user questions. - by thumb5 - 10-Aug-2015, 21:23
RE: D Premier new user questions. - by thumb5 - 10-Aug-2015, 21:24
RE: D Premier new user questions. - by f1eng - 10-Aug-2015, 21:43
RE: D Premier new user questions. - by thumb5 - 10-Aug-2015, 22:13