Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 400 - speakers impedance
(05-Aug-2014, 08:08)Vivialet Wrote: the 250 also had no problems driving my Vivid Giya G2. The reason for upgrading to 800 was the substantially better sound also with normal listening levels.
Of course the dynamics are much better especially if you listen at higher volumes, but you can always hear the benefits of much lower THD.
If you can spend the money you should try it.

As an 800 owner I couldn't agree more. I don't think you need to play music loud to appreciate what the dual mono is doing. It's quite a bit better than the single unit on many levels.

Last year I was able to do back to back comparisons of the 170, 240 and dual monos in my own home. Also before my 500s were eventually delivered (a few months late I might add!) I had a 250 on an extended loan. I got very used to the 250 sound. Then my dual monos arrived and instantly straight out of the box it felt like a huge upgrade. Not just more power and grip but a much more refined delicate and liquid presentation with improved micro dynamics. It just felt like it was easier to get lost in the music.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet 400 - speakers impedance - by GuillaumeB - 05-Aug-2014, 10:46