Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Replicating Fault
(21-Aug-2015, 15:16)howlindawg Wrote: Hi all,

I have a problem with my D200 that I suspect is a software fault but Devialet support apparently can't replicate it.
I was wondering if people would be willing to attempt to replicate the issue I'm seeing and report back?

The problem is that I get excessively loud and distorted (very bassy) playback through the default startup source (digital-1) at startup if, and only if, the devialet was set to the phono input when put into standby.

I've seen this problem with firmware 8.1.2 and 8.1.3
My phono stage is set up as MC.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Step-1
Power on D200
Result
Amp defaults to Dig-1 source. Display shows -40dB. Replay is at normal levels.

Step-2
Change source to Phono.
Result
Display shows -40dB. Replay is at normal levels.

Step-3
Press the power button.
Result
D200 goes into standby.

Step-4
Press the power button
Result
Amp defaults to Dig-1 source. Display shows -40dB but replay is very loud and distorted.

If I had to guess, It sounds as if the RIAA curve is being applied to the Dig-1 source in the scenario described.

Yes I had this problem when I first went to V8.1 of Firmware (introduced RAM) and noticed this "distortion" when changing the RIAA settings. When I changed the RIAA setting and played phono all OK. Then changed to an other input all OK, went back to phono, "distortion" until I switched off and then back on again. I reported error to Devialet, who told me that it would be fixed with configurator upgrade. This must have happened because I have subsequently changed my Configurations on a number of occasions, and the problem seems to have disappeared.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
Help Replicating Fault - by howlindawg - 21-Aug-2015, 15:16
RE: Help Replicating Fault - by pjlarge - 22-Aug-2015, 09:22
RE: Help Replicating Fault - by howlindawg - 22-Aug-2015, 09:35
RE: Help Replicating Fault - by Rufus McDufus - 22-Aug-2015, 11:30
RE: Help Replicating Fault - by brit - 22-Aug-2015, 11:56
RE: Help Replicating Fault - by howlindawg - 05-Jan-2016, 14:13