Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does it compare to Sonos?
Dear all,
before jumping on me for daring to compare....i'd like a comparison vs. a comparable Sonos set-up, which would be two Play 5s (two of their biggest speakers paired together) and their Sub (which sounds very good). The price of that set-up is basically exactly the same of getting one Phantom.
I'm pretty sure Sonos wins hands-down on software, ease of use, etc. so i'm actually asking for sound quality opinion. I am actually worried about the software side that i think i would control the Devialet through the Sonos app, using the Devialet as a speaker. I'm not positive at all about the Spark app, it can take years for a company to reach an adequate technical level on that stuff.

The question for me is, how would you think they'd compare? Im considering the Phantom for my 50 square meter living room, right now i have an old and basic set-up. Devialet is honestly a bit over-the-top on pr and marketing jargon, and i'd like some real world opinions.
I am very educated in music but i am NOT an audiophile, for me high quality streamed music from on lineĀ services is more than fine.

I obviously will try to hear by myself as soon as possible...butĀ i'm not yet giving into the 45 days trial as i know myself...

Messages In This Thread
How does it compare to Sonos? - by Vannibombonato - 02-Oct-2015, 18:35
RE: How does it compare to Sonos? - by Damon - 02-Oct-2015, 20:28
RE: How does it compare to Sonos? - by zimbly - 02-Oct-2015, 21:51
RE: How does it compare to Sonos? - by angenet - 03-Oct-2015, 10:03