Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me? .... (sound quality)
(03-Oct-2015, 21:01)bearcatsandor Wrote:
(03-Oct-2015, 16:43)IanG-UK Wrote: From a previous user of Quad electrostatics over 30 years, and now Magico Q1s, my Phantom set up costs one tenth of the current main gear and gets incredibly close to delivering the same fulfilling output.

That's quite the accolade. You're saying that for the price, the Phantoms can keep up with a set of planars?!

I never actually compared Phantoms with Quads as I had, by the time of the Phantom launch, already got my Q1s and sold my Quad 2905s.

The Q1s were the only box loudspeaker I'd heard as being very similar to the Quads in terms of speed, transparency and imagery (within what was nevertheless a very large but capped budget).

So it is the Q1s and the Phantoms as I definitely regard as pretty close - though that's just for my listening, and room, and ears. (The Q1s, in my opinion, need nothing larger than a medium sized room. I have such a room which, quite possibly, did not do the Quad 2905s justice, but I will never know!)
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
Is it just me? .... (sound quality) - by Phs - 03-Oct-2015, 11:44
RE: Is it just me? .... (sound quality) - by IanG-UK - 03-Oct-2015, 21:27