Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me? .... (sound quality)
"Could you please give a few examples of some good recordings which sound extremely realistic? A very sad thing in these times is that recording quality seems to get worse by the day!... Sad Try to listen some Taylor Swift, for example! So many millions, and probably they only make recordings to sound good on a portable mp3 player!...  This makes me wonder if it is worth it spending this much on a pair of phantoms just to listen to garbage "

I'm not sure about that! I'm not a fan of Taylor but my daughters love her and actually I think her albums are very well produced. Having listened to new music year by year for 25 years I would say the quality is mostly better. Yes there were some shitty sounding albums, especially in the 90s, but for the last 10years especially I think the range of really well recorded music is wider than ever.

Sorry - just a rant!

Some realistic sounding things on the phantoms: Lianne La Havas sounds great. The Brandt Brauer Frick ensemble have a couple of great albums. Julia Holters last 3 albums all sound good.

Well produced electronica is great too. Chuck on some Kraftwerk...bliss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Is it just me? .... (sound quality) - by Phs - 03-Oct-2015, 11:44
Is it just me? .... (sound quality) - by sleach - 07-Oct-2015, 01:31