Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the WiFi network between Phantoms and Dialogue reliable?
(06-Oct-2015, 16:43)Krisp Wrote: Hello Vanni,

PHANTOM and Dialog setup is quite simple. You have to connect Dialog to your mains for power and to your router via Ethernet to be connected to your network and to the Internet if you intend to stream from Tidal, Qobus or Deezer.
Plug the Phantoms to the mains too and than start the setup with the DEVIALET Spark app on your computer or iOS / Android device.
When you finished setup and start to play music, Spark transfers the song to the phantoms and controls synchronized playback if you use multiple phantoms. It uses its own WLAN on 2.4 and 5 GHz channels, which it optimally selects itself. In parallel Dialog communicates with the phantoms on its own PLC network. You do not need any own PLC components, it's all built into the Phantoms and Dialog.
If you already have a PLC network in your home, you might experience problems in form of delayed communication between Dialog and the Phantoms and maybe dropout while playing music.

Alternatively you could connect the phantoms also via Ethernet to your router. Than the communication should only be via Ethernet cable, but I have not tried this, since my wireless configuration does not have any problems, although my neighborhood is full of other WLAN networks.

Cheers,

Krisp

Thanks Krisp, very clear. I do hope that wifi will be reliable enough, but good to know i dont need any adaptor or modifications!

Vanni

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the WiFi network between Phantoms and Dialogue reliable? - by Vannibombonato - 06-Oct-2015, 16:56