Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker upgrade options, options, options
As an Olympica II owner, I really think it is an amazing speaker. If the looks where to merit its sonic quality it would be made of gold! The speaker, as almost every SF design, already looks very good, but sounds much better.

It's hard to say, because to me it just sounds so right that it is difficult to point why. The highs are sweet and very extended, buf the bass is as well deep and very composed, so well layered... (SAM apparently lowers the bass to 23 Hz, almost full range). The midrange is so natural and present, that human voices are portrayed extremely realistic and vivid without sounding right into your face. Live concerts sound just like that, live. And classical music (one of my main music interests) is reproduced with such accuracy you can almost immediately recognise who the soloist or the conductor is.

Regarding the soundstage, I am sure it will fill well beyond your space, which is larger than mine. Soundstage depth is also something worth pointing out.

All in all, a very engaging speaker (and impressive combination with the Dev). 

As a low side, in my opinion, the Olympica's are quite picky regarding room interaction, so proper placement is essential. And to be honest, I haven't heard them anywhere (shows or dealers) sounding as good as in my own space at home.

Good luck hunting! Smile
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speaker upgrade options, options, options - by MusicLover - 07-Oct-2015, 22:55