Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog native ip and admin login
You are making an assumption that is not necessarily true. You have to consider the Ethernet and the PLC/wifi differently.

On the Ethernet port it does not need to have any reference IP address. It can rely on DHCP or mDHCP to get an IP address. In that case login on your router/DHCP server shall be able to tell you what IP address has been allocated to the dialog.

On the PLC/Wifi, one can assume that the dialog plays the role of the DHCP server, router and gateway and probably has an IP address of either 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.1.1. But it is not for granted that the dialog can be administered from those ports.

If I were Devialet, given that only phantoms are supposed to be connected on those networks or guests on the guest network, I would have closed down all ports on those and program the ipfw tables to filter out anything than their protocol.

I would tend to think that your best chance would be on the Ethernet port, but once again, if I were Devialet I would have locked down every single standard ports to minimize the attack surface from a security perspective.

Best of luck for your investigations.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
Dialog native ip and admin login - by ondastar - 07-Oct-2015, 17:13
RE: Dialog native ip and admin login - by Jean-Marie - 08-Oct-2015, 12:56